SOCIAL MEDIA

May 13, 2014

PP195... Birthday Wishes

Hello Friends,

I fell in love with this week's colors from the The Paper Players Challenge.  I always like to see some shade of green because I immediately think of flowers, and that's pretty much the direction I went with.

 
 
My card
 
 
 
Here's a close-up:
 
 
 
I purchased this pretty embossing folder by Darice called Leafy Tree from my local scrap booking store, and decided to give it a whirl.  I started out with some Whisper White card stock base.  I took another piece of white card stock and embossed the card front.  Using Calypso Coral and So Saffron card stock, I used the Itty Bitty Shapers to punch out the flowers, and gave them some dimension by using the foam pad and stylus.  I then hand cut the small leaves using Pear Pizzaz card stock.  I wrapped the card with some ribbon and added a bow.  The sentiment is from Inspired by Stamping Cupcake Wishes, and was stamped in Early Espresso ink.  To finish off the details, I added a small pearl to each flower.
 
Other challenges:
Seize the Birthday - "Toppings" Option is Flower
Inspired by Stamping - May Customer Gallery Contest
 
Thanks for taking a peek,
 



5 comments :

  1. Oh what a sweet card. I love all the white and how perfect to add those little flowers to your tree. That sure embosses nicely! Thank you for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this fabulous creation! The colored flowers just POP off the white space! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! :) HUGS and have a great rest of the week! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Martha! The colored flowers against the white embossing are stunning. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Martha! I love how the colors pop off the clean background. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever! Love the flowers on the tree. Really lovely design. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete