SOCIAL MEDIA

February 1, 2014

CMCC#5

Happy Saturday!

We finally got some much needed rain here in L.A.  It wasn't much, but it's better than nothing.  Meanwhile, the South is in a wintery state of emergency.  Crazy weather!

I'm popping in quickly to share a card I put together during my lunch hour at work for this week's Colour Me Challenge.  We were asked to use 5 colors of our choice + one neutral.  I went with Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Basic Black and Whisper White as the neutral.



I found a fun sketch on Pinterest, and this is what I came up with:


I began my card with a Whisper White card stock base, paired with layers of Crumb Cake and two stripes of patterned papers from the SU! Stack Brights Collection.  I stamped the pretty butterfly from SU! Butterfly Prints in So Saffron ink.  A stripe of black card stock was adhered to the right hand side of the card.  The sentiment is from Inspired by Stamping Big Wishes, and was stamped in Basic Black ink.  I added a few enamel dots to finish off the details.

I'm also playing along at Seize the Birthday & Inspired by Stamping Customer Gallery - February Contest

Thanks for stopping by,


8 comments :

  1. What a sweet card! Love how you've used a mix of patterns, too!
    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you got a little rain, though more would be better. I have been praying for rain for our West Coast. Sounds really bad.

    Your card makes me happy, though! Love the butterfly. :) Take care, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just darling! LOVE those colors and I adore the different patterns--they give great texture! Thanks for joining us at IBS! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colour choices! I love the black dots on the butterfly and the orange by the sentiment - great way to bring all the colours together! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me...! this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martha i love the colors!!! So glad you shared with us on IBS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Thanks so much for joining Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card! I love butterflies and I love your colour choices as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very sweet card! Love the butterfly in the houndstooth pattern. Thanks for joining us at IBS!

    ReplyDelete