SOCIAL MEDIA

October 21, 2012

IBSIC #31 Meets Dynamic Duos #25 Meets Paper Players #18

Hello my friends,

I'm here to share a card for 3 separate challenges:

IBSIC #31 -  Halloween Photo Inspiration.  We were asked to use ORANGE, BLACK AND CREAMS/WHITES as the main color:

IBSIC #31



Dynamic Duos Challenge #25 - This week's combo is orange and black:




And The Paper Players #18 - It's all about the fun theme: FRAMES:




My card:





The base card is Whisper White and is matted with Pumpkin Pie cardstock.  The orange layer is SU DSP Patterns Pack and the black is from The Little Yellow Bicycle Swoon 6x6 Paper Pad.  I used the labels 3 Spellbinders to make the mats for the 2 orange flowers.  They were cut from the Blossom Party Die and the leaves are from the bird punch.  The sentiment comes from the Itty Bitty Banners.   Lastly, I added 4 tiny black rhinestones to each corner of the card!


On a personal note:

After months of emailing back and forth, I finally met in person one of my sweet blog friends, Penny, from http://pennyline.blogspot.com/.  About a month ago, she invited me to accompany her to the Scrapbook Expo.  This is where 70+ vendors come out and display their goodies at the Ontario Convention Center, from stickers, paper, embellishments, copic markers, glitter and much more.  We had a blast!  To my surprise, she made this beautiful box, as a gift for me: 


   
This is a closer look from the top.  She added buttons, ribbon, pearls, flowers...But wait, there's more...



When I opened the box, I found all this!



Lots of pretty lace and ribbons!  My jaw dropped! I loved it all!  and who wouldn't  :)   She owns an Etsy Store, which you can find on her blog, and where you can purchase any of this loveliness too!
We are planning a get together during the Christmas holidays, and another trip to next year's Scrapbook Expo!


Thanks for stopping by,





10 comments :

  1. Gorgeous card Martha! Love that you didn't make a traditional Halloween card and made something unique! And that is so great that you met Penny! I bet the two of you had a lovely time together! :) Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful! I love how you framed the flowers!

    It sure sounds like you had a fabulous time! Isn't it great what the blogging world has done! It's formed so many friendships! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card...I love your framed flowers! As well as the beautiful box full of goodies! So glad you could play with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha, I love your new picture on your bio! So nice to officially 'meet' you! And I think it's really cool that you met Penny. :) The gift she gave you is sooooo neat. Love all those luscious ribbons; it's like a box full of sunshine and rainbows, truly. Is Ontario far for you to travel? Good for you, getting together with a fellow blog friend!

    Your card is beautiful...love the handmade flowers, and I'm happy you joined us at Inspired By Stamping. :) Way to go, combining 3 challenges! whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow such a beautiful box and the ribbon...oh man. Love it all. I'm so glad you had a blast, maybe I can be the third wheel next time you go to

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card & projects. Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cheerful card! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card! I really like the DP's you used and those flowers are wonderful! Your gift looks fabulous!!! :) Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Martha my friend, I love these flowers and their shape is going so well with the background paper. Love this sentiment too. Lovely card.
    It was great fun to spend that day with you and taking classes together.
    I can not wait for our next meeting.
    Thanks so much for showing off the box. I'm so happy you liked it and hope you will enjoy all the goodies in your beautiful creations. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/10/52-card-pickup-week-43.html

    ReplyDelete