SOCIAL MEDIA

July 1, 2012

IBSIC # 15 ~ Red, White & Blue

Hello My Friends,

I can't believe the 4th of July is next week.  A time to honor all the men and women who risk their lives for our freedom.  It's also a birthday for a very good friend of mine.  How lucky to have a day off from work on your birthday!  I think that's so cool.  So this week, over at Inspired by stampin, Joanna asked us to make a card/project using the colors red, white and blue.  I decided to incorporate those colors into a birthday card, but also to show the spirit of the holiday.

179369997628990020_0NRLYJHl_f

This is my card:


I started out with a white cardstock for my base and added some pretty July 4th paper by Pebbles, Inc.  My stars are from SU Stars #2 die (retired).  I used Oval Spellbinders on my digi stamp.  I don't remember where I got this digi.  If anybody recognizes it, please let me know so I can give them credit.  I added a thin red ribbon as a hair tie.  The various ribbons and brad are from my stash. 

Thanks for looking!




7 comments :

  1. Hello Martha! I love how you used a red ribbon for this gal's ponytail, then carried it through with the card's bow and threaded eyelet. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Inspired By Stamping. :) Enjoy your holiday this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squeal, I love love this! It is so darling and your papers are fabulous! I don't believe I have any Pebbles papers in my mounds and mounds of Patterned Paper. I love this collection and that silhouette is awesome! Brilliant job! I love the trim with the red ribbon! Thank you for joining us this week at IBSIC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, Martha, I love the the silhouette image. Thanks for joining us at IBSIC. Deb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done it again dear friend. Love the special touches you added

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous selection of papers MArtha, love the lace trim and the silhouette! Thank you for sharing, Happy 4th of July!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Martha!!! Happy 4th of July!!! Hugs, Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning 4th July/birthday card. Congratulations for starting your own blog, must have been exciting and terrifying all at the same time but you did good. Putting you on my favorites list.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete